Sunday, November 23, 2014

Well some of the crazy is over so lets get going on our handmade holidays!

Well,
I just had my first art show since college.
So, I found myself completely occupied with getting ready for that when I wasn't working.
Now that its over,
I have more time to sit here and tap away at the keys to
share some projects with all of my lovely friends.

Today I would like to share with you
a cute little craft I made with
the kids I teach.
It is a fall leaf wreath.
Super easy quick and fast project for the kids
(OR adults) to make to help
decorate for Thanksgiving.

First you need some paper to cut some leaves out.
You can use some simple construction paper
or some scrapbook paper.
(Whatever you have lying around the house.)

Next you need some leaf templates.
You can draw your own or google search for some.
(there are plenty out there.)

I try to find some that I can fit about 5-6 on one sheet of paper.
Trace your templates on your paper and cut out enough to fill up a circle.
(You can use traditional colors or get wacky and use patterns and crazy colors.)
For your base you can use a paper plate with the center cut out,
or a circle with a hole in the middle.


Then just Glue away arranging the leaves the way you like.
You can use hot glue or white glue/glue sticks for younger kids!
The last step is attaching some string to the back and
find the perfect spot in the house to 
hang it up! 

Here ya go!
(you can add little details to your leaves
or just use white paper and have the
kids color them.)

So there ya' go for very little money you can make a fun and cute craft to get you ready for the Holiday!
Hope you enjoy!
Happy Handmade Holidays!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!

<3 Holly






No comments:

Post a Comment