Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hand Made Pom Pom Garland

Well Its here!
As is our tradition,
We got our christmas tree today!
(The day after thanksgiving.)
SO to kick of the Handmade Holiday Season,
I give you my first project.
Pom Pom Garland.



I LOVE the look of the Pom Pom Garland.
And it is super easy and cheap to make.
Basically you only need 3 materials and a little time to complete
the project.
You can make this project for under $10.

Heres what you need.
An embroidery needle 

(The eye of the needle is bigger)
Skinny ribbon that usually cost $1 for a roll (1/8 in by 10 yards)
and of course some Pom Poms 
(I bought a big bag at Michael's for $6 or $7.)


So first you start off with your embroidery needle and ribbon


and start stringing on the pom poms.
Go ahead and put the needle right through em'!
(You don't have to cut a length of ribbon to start off with if you don't know how much you need you can just keep pushing them down till you get your desired length. 
Then cut the ribbon and knot on both ends.)


You can choose to string yours close together like so....


OR you can space them out as I chose to do.


I went with multi colors and different sizes.
You could use traditional holiday colors like red and green for Christmas,
or blue and white for Hanukkah.
You could also use these for a Christmas tree or to hang on a mantle,
OR just to use to hang up for a birthday party/ baby shower e.t.c...
The possibilities are endless.
I love how whimsical the garland looks.

I clearly chose to use mine for my mini Christmas trees.

Of course there are always variations you could come up with using what you have in your house.

For example here is another version I made with 
embroidery thread.


If the embroidery needle is not up your ally,
you could also use a hot glue gun.
Just put little dabs of glue down the ribbon 
(or twine whatever you've got.)
where you would like.
(WARNING: burnt fingers may occur .)



P.S. If you aren't into the pom poms tangling up.
I suggest trying to keep it laid out straight or 
wrapping it around a piece of cardboard.

Well I hope you enjoyed my little garland.
Hope your Holiday prep is going well!
Happy Handmade Holidays!!!
<3 Holly


how to make paper trees!





















No comments:

Post a Comment