Tuesday, November 6, 2012

How to Attach your Decorations to Your Holiday Wreath

Here is the last step in making your Holiday Wreath,
attaching your decoration to your 
Holiday Wreath.


While there are a million ways I could have attached 
the decorations,
I wanted to attach them with things I had around the house,
and so that I could take them off
and change them with the season.
So, here is what I came up with.

I found a bag of small hair elastics in my art studio
that I can not use in my hair,
and another bag full of buttons.
(I got the idea to use buttons from a very genius 
co-worker)

First I Sewed the elastics on the back of my pumpkins
 with embroidery thread.

I hid the Knot under my stitches.


Viola!

Next I sewed my buttons onto 
elastic that I cut big enough 
to stretch around 
one of the wire hangers.

Then I sewed the elastic together
(Again with embroidery thread,
I like to use it because it is
stronger and with the big needle
a little easier for me to use personally) 
Remember it doesn't have to look
pretty,
because your decorations will hide it.

And finally I just wound the elastic 
around the button...


and this is what I ended up with...


(Click HERE for the Holiday Wreath base Tutorial,
and click HERE for the fall
decoration tutorial.)

No comments:

Post a Comment