Monday, July 16, 2012

Second Veggie post on Meatless Monday...

So it is Meatless Monday again,
and I though I'd share another meal I like to make.
It is a nice light Summer pasta.
(I don't really measure things, so with all the ingredients I use, I'll just say "use the amount you like" and "season to taste.")
With fresh basil and tomatoes growing in
my garden, 
I'm excited to make this dish for myself.

"Fresh Basil, Mozzarella, Tomato and White Wine Pasta" 

Ingredients: 
Fresh Basil
Fresh Mozzarella
Tomatoes 
(any kind, although I like the cherry or grape tomatoes better for their sweetness.) 
Spinach
Optional: Red, Green, or Yellow Peppers.
Black Olives
Fresh Garlic
Olive Oil
Onions 
(Red or White. I use both if I have it.)
 Whole Wheat Pasta
White Wine
(I use whatever I have in the fridge, which is usually a Riesling or a White Zinfandel)
1 can of tomato sauce
+the seasonings of your choice
(You may also want to add some fresh Parsley into the mix)

1. First I throw the chopped garlic and onions in a pan with olive oil
I let it cook a bit.
2. Then I add my Tomatoes , can of Tomato Sauce, Black Olives, and the White Wine to the pan.
(The peppers if you opted for them.)
3. Add your spices... 
(I add Kosher Salt, a little Pepper, Garlic powder, Paprika, and a PINCH of Chili powder.)
4. Let simmer on the stove till the Wine cooks down a bit,
then I add the Spinach and Basil.
(You don't want to cook all of the liquid out, but you don't want your sauce to be watery either, 
so you have to pay close attention to it.)
5. When your sauce is a good consistency, add it to your cooked and strained whole wheat pasta.
6. Right before your ready to eat your dinner, throw the fresh Mozzarella into the mix, 
give it a second to get a little melt-y,
then enjoy!

This isn't complicated to make, and there is no wrong amount of ingredients to add,
throw in extra veggies too if you like.
(mmmm... like yummy peppers!)
Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions e-mail me.
Thanks for stopping by,
enjoy your Meatless Monday!
<3 Holly

HollyPelletierClark@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment